Dr Adewale Michael Esan
University of Ibadan
Nutritional and Industrial Biochemist/Plant Biochemist
Expertise and interests
Agriculture and food systems, Biotechnology, Crop and Environmental Protection, Food Security, Genomics
Biological sciences, biotechnology, Crop science, Food Security, Life sciences, Plant Genetics, Plant Nutrition, Plant Pathology
Agricultural production, Agriculture, Food security, Food, Climate change, Sustainability
I am an integrative plant biochemist with a keen interest in plant environment interactions, abiotic stress signaling and acclimation, nutrient biology, and root biology. I believe that a fundamental understanding of basic molecular processes is instrumental for translational research in applied plant biology. I have been a part of the academia at the University of Ibadan in the Department of Biochemistry (Plant Biochemistry) Nigeria for some years.
1. A. M. Esan, C. O. Olaiya, T. O. Omolekan, K. A. Aremu, and H. R. Y. Adeyemi. (2020). Comparative Effects of Indole Acetic Acid on Photosynthetic Pigments and Mineral Contents of Two Genotypes of Okra Under Salinity Stress. European Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences,Vol. 2, No. 6 pp. 1-4.
2. Adewale M. Esan, Charles O. Olaiya, Lateef O. Anifowose, Ifeoluwa O. Lana, Tolulope O. Omolekan, Oluwole, Fagbami and Henry Rinde Y. Adeyemi (2020). Effects of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria and gibberellic acid on salt stress tolerance in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) genotypes. African Crop Science Journal, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 1 – 9.
3. Adewale Michael Esan, Charles Ojo Olaiya, Samson Tolulope Adedire, Folusho Eunice Bamigboye and Kehinde Olugboyega Soetan (2020). Biochemical and Nutritional Importance of Winged Bean (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus (L.)) on Wistar Rats. International Journal of Food Science and Agriculture., 4(2), 174-182.
4. A. M. Esan, C. O. Olaiya, K. A. Aremu and O. Fagbami (2017) Pre-treatment of Abelmoschus esculentus Seeds with Salicylic Acid and Indole Acetic Acid Enhances Nutritional Values of the Fruits. Journal of Advances in Biology & Biotechnology 14(2): 1-10.
5. Adewale M. Esan, Kabo Masisi, Felix A. Dada, Charles O. Olaiya (2017). Comparative effects of indoleacetic acid and salicylic acid on oxidative stress marker and antioxidant potential of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) fruit under salinity stress J. Scientia Horticulturae Volume 216 pp. 278–283.
6. Olaiya C.O., Soetan K.O. and Esan A.M (2016). The role of nutraceuticals, functional foods and value-added food products in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases African Journal of Food Science Vol. 10(10) pp. 185-193.
7. Esan A.M and Olaiya C.O. (2016). Effect of salicylic acid (SA) seeds soaking on the NaCl salt stress-induced changes in soluble sugar and protein accumulation in organs of two genotypes of okra plants African Journal of Plant Science vol.10 (6), pp. 105-110.
Click the links below for details of this members recent projects
- Member for
- 2 months 5 days